Monday, February 12, 2007

Arrived Safely in the Holy Dham - Govardhana Hill

After a fifteen hour overnight train journey from Mumbai to Mathura, I finally reached safely to Govardhan's Bhaktivedanta Ashrama. I stayed here a coupl eof years ago for about ten days. Some of you may remember my intense experiences. Well I am back and looking for more. :)

So far so good with everything. I think my strict diet of only cooked prasadam, no raw fruits or veg and no dairy products is helping. Plus I am sure that teh prayers of so many people for the bugs to leave me alone is the best medicine.

You might be thinking it is a sweltering paradise here, but actually it has been freezing. I am glad I brought extra clothes and a sleeping bag. It was raining almost non-stop the first two days. Some of that was mixed with hail. I have never seen anything like it. Evidentally it is exceptionally unusual here. They do call this teh dew season as it is normally chilly and very damp.

Now the sun is out and they say that within a week or so it will be pretty warm - so let's see.

I have been doing alot of extra chanting, studying, attending many classes - most of which are in Hindi and in general just trying to get absorbed in the spiritual environment.

On my arrival I was fortunate to get the association of three wonderful devotees from New Zealand. They are Disciples of HH Devamrita Maharaja and recently spent a year studying under HG Radha Raman Prabhu from London (now in Wales). They were great association. Now they have left for Mayapura and then back to New Zealand.

No comments: