Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ekadasi


Today is Ekadasi (day of fasting from grains) and I am chanting some extra rounds of the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra.

The day started with a class at the Srimad-Bhagavata Vidyapitham (pictured above) by HH Dhanudhara Swami. I truly relish Maharaja's classes. He has such taste for Krishna consciousness and it is contagious.
Here are a few highlights:
Looking at my notes there are so many to choose from!

Maharaja remarked that:

Faith = Animation
- Nothing moves without faith. Every decision we make is based on some sort of faith in something and only with this faith does our life become animated.

while Doubt = Suspension
- We become paralysed or frozen by fear and indecision.

Maharaja expressed with enthusiasm - How wonderful it is to move forward in life while having firm faith in the Absolute Truth.
Bhakti is the ultimate in faith - faith in pleasing Krishna the Supreme Lord through selfless service - as we are animated by this faith our faith increases with each experience.

After class I spent time with Bhakta Erik a brahmacari from ISKCON-London. he is now studying sanskrit and bhagavatam. He is absorbed and completely in his element. We were the last ones taking breakfast as he could not stop speaking elevated subject matter. I was amazed and inspired. I was asked to give class there tomorrow. (for my purification)

Then I proceeded to walk to Kusum Sarovar, which means "temple on a lake of flowers." A very beautiful spot, where I chanted and reflected on the simplicity of life here in the Holy Dham. Certainly life is hard compared to western standards - but very simple. (Picture above)

Always remember Krishna and never forget Him! (Our Golden Rule)

No comments: